Re: pg_restore creates public schema? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: pg_restore creates public schema?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/6/22 11:48, Christophe Pettus wrote:
>> On Oct 6, 2022, at 09:46, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because installing new software on production servers requires hurdles (Service Now change ticket approved by the
applicationsupport manager, Delivery Service Manager, Engineering Change Board, and a one week lead time before
installingduring the Saturday night maintenance window) that I'm not willing to jump through just to take an ad hoc
databasebackup.

> Running the new pg_dump doesn't require that it be installed on the server, just that it have access to it.  (I
understandthere may be access restrictions that make that inconvenient as well, but presumably *some* servers have
accessto 5432 and can be used to run pg_dump.)

There is, and that is of course the first thing I thought of. Sadly, that VM
doesn't have nearly enough disk space to hold the backup folder.  (It's a
tiny 2 CPU, 8GB RAM system with 75GB disk who's only purpose is to
concentrate all the scripts needed to manage 8 servers in one place and
crontab.)