Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Goodson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2
Date
In response to Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 17/05/2017 20:11, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> I thought you where working on VM you had access/rights to.

> That is not the case?

I have sudo access on the redhat box we're working on so technically I
could do this, yup. But whilst our Unix team are happy for us to do
whatever the heck we like within our own domain (so to speak - all the
databases, tools we use, etc), they prefer to retain control over 'top
level' system-admin stuff like disks, the contents of /lib, etc.

I like to keep our sysadmins happy, so I'm going to leave /lib to them :)

> Whoever does it needs to unlink:
>
> /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2

Got it. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Thank you for all the help so
far, it's been *invaluable*. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some good news
to report!

btw, if this is a reproducible thing is it worth raising with
enterprisedb or 2nd Quadrant? Is this a 'bug' of some kind, or just a
really weird edge case? :)

Regards,

Martin.
--
Martin Goodson

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."