Re: postgres conferences missing videos? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: postgres conferences missing videos?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:21:46 -0500, Jon Nelson <jnelson+pgsql@jamponi.net>
wrote:
> ts all quite time consuming.
>
> Somebody ought to talk to the folks that run PyCon - the videos there
> are excellent and typically available within hours or less.  Perhaps
> they have some useful insight or advice?

The problem is not technology, it is resources. Pycon is a 1200+ person
conference, it is also more expensive than the PostgreSQL Conferences.
PgEast/West when we were running 3 tracks it was easy to keep up with the
requirements to get video up but now, 6-7 tracks? 3-4 days? Only 249.00 to
show up? That is a lot of resources. Simply put, we would have needed a
minimum of 21 volunteers just for video (assuming we each volunteer was
dedicated for only a day). The conferences just aren't that big yet.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Jon

   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997