Re: PL/Python: Add cursor and execute methods to plan object - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Subject Re: PL/Python: Add cursor and execute methods to plan object
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> writes:

> On 2/25/17 10:27 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> So I'm also wondering here which style people prefer so
>> I can implement it there.
>
> I think the more OO style is definitely better. I expect it would
> simplify the code as well.

I'm not a Python person, but I'd argue that the "more OO" style should
be the primary style documented, and the old style should just be
mentioned for reference.
- ilmari

--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in the mainstream press' sense at least.
  - Matt McLeod

- That'd be because the content of a tweet is easier to condense down to a mainstream media article.
 - Calle Dybedahl