Re: Perl language creation failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harpreet Dhaliwal
Subject Re: Perl language creation failed
Date
List pgsql-general
Can anyone give me the right path for downlaod postgresql-plperl package for fedora core 5 (32 bit) postgresql version 8.1.4.

The one that i found closest to the needs is  not working. Tried a few more but all of them throw the  same problem.

What would be the most authentic source?

Thanks,
~Harpreet

On 8/28/06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us > wrote:
"Harpreet Dhaliwal" < harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried to install postgresql-plperl-8.1package.
> It asks for a few dependencies.
> i did yum install of those dependencies but says "nothing to do"

My guess is that you're trying to install the wrong package, ie an
RPM built for a different distro or different Fedora version.

The Red Hat/Fedora RPMs package all the postgres PLs in a
single postgresql-pl RPM.  I don't know where postgresql-plperl
would have come from ... does Debian package it that way?

                        regards, tom lane