Re: Postgres 9.2.4 - rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Khangelani Gama
Subject Re: Postgres 9.2.4 - rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml
Date
Re: Postgres 9.2.4 - rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml
List pgsql-general
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Barwick [mailto:ian@2ndquadrant.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:05 AM
To: Khangelani Gama; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 9.2.4 - rebuild PostgreSQL
using --with-libxml

On 14/06/12 17:23, Khangelani Gama wrote:
> Hi all
(...)
> I then did the following:
>
> 1.  We installed library 'xml2' (version >= 2.6.23) 2.  ./configure
> --with-libxml 3.  gmake 4.  gmake install
>
> I did not touch the database. They‘re getting the same error. Please
> advise if there was something else I needed to do.

Was the database server restarted after the new version was built?
 It was not restarted - Should I do so?

--
 Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no
liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.