Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From MichaelDBA
Subject Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.
Date
List pgsql-admin
How does PG 12.3 not fit into this migration solution?

David G. Johnston wrote on 5/16/2020 11:10 AM:
On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 7:57 AM vinod kale <vinod16895@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Team,

We have to perform the postgres major version upgradation activity in our environment.
So before upgradation we just need to confirm few below things.

Currently we have postgres 9.6.8 version in our environment.
And we have to upgrade on postgres 10.8 or 10.11 or 11.7
So can we upgrade directly from
9.6.8 to 10.8 ,
9.6.8 to 10.11 ,
9.6.8 to 11.7

(in short, 10.8 is no longer supported and comparing it to 10.11 is effectively a false choice)
And also all this postgres versions i.e  9.x, 10.x , 11.x are compatible with operating system centos-7?

David J.