Re: [GENERAL] Building PL/Perl procedural language without--with-perl configure flag - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Building PL/Perl procedural language without--with-perl configure flag
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/15/2017 1:15 AM, postgres user wrote:
> I am trying to build PL/Perl procedural language to my PostgreSQL
> server installation but I want to do it without passing --with-perl
> flag to the configure script of PostgreSQL. It would also help if
> someone can explain the meaning of --with-perl flag in a detailed
> fashion altogether as it might help me determine the actual process of
> installing PL/Perl. There are two parts to the question however how do
> I get the source of PL/Perl firstly and how do I build it against an
> already built version of PostgreSQL as in when I have the (bin, lib,
> share) for PostgreSQL and what all pre-requisites are needed to
> install PL/Perl in the first place?

how was this postgres 'already built' edition installed?

the source to plperl is built into postgres, if perl is in your path,
--with-perl should figure out where the libraries it needs are.