Re: Supported platforms list - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Supported platforms list
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Jan 30, 2008 11:19 AM, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 11:15 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > The supported platforms list in the installation instructions is completely
> > un-updated for 8.3.  Is this list still useful?  What shall we do with it?
>
> I think it's important to keep in the docs so people know what we've
> tested against. Perhaps refresh it from the green buildfarm members?

I think it would be an excellent idea for that section to have a URL
pointing to the buildfarm web site, and commenting that platform
combinations that are regularly exercised using the buildfarm are the
ones best-supported by PostgreSQL.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling