Re: Postgres 8.3.7 Server Crash: failed to add item to the right sibling in index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CM J
Subject Re: Postgres 8.3.7 Server Crash: failed to add item to the right sibling in index
Date
List pgsql-general
>>Sounds like a data corruption problem

After reindexing, the problem seems to go away. Is there any way to determine what caused the data corruption in the first place ??

Thanks.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
CM J <postgres.newbie@gmail.com> writes:
>        I am running Postgres 8.3.7 on Windows 2003 with my java
> application.Off late, the server crashes with the following trace:

> *2009-07-01 14:47:07.250 ISTPANIC:  failed to add item to the right sibling
> in index "mevservices2_ndx"*

Sounds like a data corruption problem ... try reindexing that index.

                       regards, tom lane