Re: GSoC Proposal: PL/Mono - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olexandr Melnyk
Subject Re: GSoC Proposal: PL/Mono
Date
List pgsql-general
After some thinking, I decided it's better for me not to apply for SoC this year for personal reasons.

On 3/29/08, Shane Ambler <pgsql@sheeky.biz> wrote:
Olexandr Melnyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in applying for this year's GSoC program, to work on PL/Mono:
> pluggable procedural language for PostgreSQL. The main purpose of the
> project is to allow programmers to write stored procedures for PostgreSQL
> database in one of the languages that are supported by Mono platform
> (similar to how they can do it with PL/Perl and PL/Python).

From the google site -
We will begin accepting student applications on Monday, March 24th; the
deadline for student applications is Monday, March 31, 2008. Please see
the program timeline for specific deadline times.

You have less than two days to get your application in.

> As I remember from the past, such attempt already existed and was hosted at
> pgFoundry, but I can't find any files related to it. Does anyone know about
> its status?

From what I can find it is a dead project and probably was lost in the
transfers from the gborg to pgfoundry switch.

If you want the old project as a starting point you will need to find
someone that has a copy of it. (or who has backups of gborg cvs)

Try a search of the mailing list archives for pl/mono and you will find
a few threads on it. A couple of them might help you find someone with a
copy of it.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz