Re: [GENERAL] SET Role doesn't work from Security Definer Function... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From dipti shah
Subject Re: [GENERAL] SET Role doesn't work from Security Definer Function...
Date
List pgsql-novice
This issue is driving me crazy. Could any one please suggest me any workaround?

For summary of issue,

   1. I don't want any users to perform any action on mydb schema without using my stored procedure. So I revoke ALL permissions from mydb schema and assigned only USAGE permissions.
   2. As my stored procedure allows creating table in mydb schema and users have only USAGE permissions on mydb schama, I have to defined my stored procedure with SECURITY DEFINER so that it allows to create table in mydb schema.
   3. To prevent creating unauthenticated foreign references to other tables, I want to make sure that current user has the required permissions to create table before creating table. For this I have to use SET ROLE to current user but it is not allowed in SECURITY DEFINER context.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dipti