Re: [GENERAL] What is unsecure postgres languages? How to disable them? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From dipti shah
Subject Re: [GENERAL] What is unsecure postgres languages? How to disable them?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sorry Albe for confusion. Yes, I meant untrusted languages like C, PL/PerlU, PL/PythonU etc...

Thanks a lot you and Tino for nice reply. Could you guys tell me how could I verify whether those languages are installed on my PostGreSQL server?

Thanks for being there,
Dipti

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
dipti shah wrote:
> Could anyone please tell me what is unsecure postgres
> languages(like C, pgperl, pgpython??). How to disable them or
> restrict them only for super user?

I have never heard of "unsecure" languages - what exactly do you mean?

If you mean "untrusted" languages like PL/PerlU, they are not
installed by default *and* they are restricted to superusers.

You cannot disable C functions, but to define them you must also
have superuser privileges.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe