Re: Restoring a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Henderson
Subject Re: Restoring a database
Date
List pgsql-general
> pg_dumpall archive.  If you look at the backup file, you'll find that
> it's just straight SQL.  If you want to restore a particular database
> out of it and not all of them, then you will need to edit the sql file
> to include only what you want to restore.  Then you simply pass it
> through psql like so:

Thank you all for your help.

Could anyone please share his or her backup and restore script? I want
to backup all databases plus schemas in one server via crontab every
night and restore one or all of the backed up databases to another
server when I need to.

Thanks again.