Re: : PostgreSQL Index behavior - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: : PostgreSQL Index behavior
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dne 13.09.2012 11:22, Venkat Balaji napsal:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Scott Marlowe
> <scott.marlowe@gmail.com [2]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Venkat Balaji
>> <venkat.balaji@verse.in [1]> wrote:
>>
>> > We are using PostgreSQL-9.0.1.
>>
>> You are missing almost 2 years of updates, bug fixes, and security
>> fixes.
>
> Thank you Scott, We are planning to upgrade to the latest version
> (9.2) in the near future.

That was not the point. The last minor update in this branch (9.0) is
9.0.9. You're missing fixes and improvements that happened between 9.0.1
and 9.0.9, that's what Scott probably meant. And some of those fixes may
be quite important, so do the upgrade ASAP.

These minor updates are binary compatible, so all you need to do is
shutting down the DB, updating the binaries (e.g. installing a new
package) and starting the database again. Upgrading to 9.2 means you'll
have to do a dump/restore and possibly more.

Tomas