Re: CVE-2013-1899 security issue and limited IP addresses in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: CVE-2013-1899 security issue and limited IP addresses in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

pg_hba.conf does not have protection for this security issue.

Regards, Devrim

Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com wrote:
Hi All

I'm trying to understand the implications of the latest security fix to postgresql [1].

We have a setup were we in pg_hba.conf have limited the allowed IP addresses of the clients. But does anyone know if CVE-2013-1899 allows an arbitrary attacker to use the exploits described in [1]?

We are using PostgreSQL 8.4.

Best regards,
Mads

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/support/security/faq/2013-04-04/