Re: password_encryption default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: password_encryption default
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/27/20 9:13 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 02:56:34PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Seems like the better choice yeah. Since we're changing the default anyway,
>> maybe now is the time to do that? Or if not, maybe have it log an explicit
>> deprecation warning when it loads a config with it?
>
> Not sure that's worth it here, so I would just remove the whole.  It
> would be confusing to keep the past values and have them map to
> something we think is not an appropriate default.

+1 to removing the legacy options. It could break some people on legacy
upgrades, but my guess would be that said situations are very small, and
we would document the removal of these as "breaking changes" in the
release notes.

Jonathan

Attachment