Re: doc: Fix description of how the default user name is chosen - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: doc: Fix description of how the default user name is chosen
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09.07.22 17:52, David G. Johnston wrote:
> No.  It is always the user parameter.  It just so happens that parameter
> also has a default.  And so while there is a transitive aspect the
> resolution of the user parameter happens first, using the OS user if
> needed, then the dbname parameter is resolved using the user parameter
> if needed to supply the default.

Will there be an updated patch here?  The original patch contained three
hunks; I'm not sure which one of those was intending to fix a real bug
and which ones were cosmetic.  Is anything in the current documentation
actually wrong?