8.4 – Where, when, what... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dobomode
Subject 8.4 – Where, when, what...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

Our team is looking forward to some of the new features in 8.4 and
would like to get access to the current beta for development / testing
purposes.

Where: What is the best way to get a copy of the 8.4 beta? I've
searched around, but couldn't find a reliable direction on this
subject.

When: Is there any official word on when 8.4 will be released? We are
working on an enterprise solution with a release date in May and as
such, the release date for 8.4 is an important consideration in our
planning.

What: Is there a more or less definitive list of the new features that
will end up in the release? There are 3 features that influenced our
decision to go with 8.4 and I would like to read more about the level
of certainty with which these will end up in 8.4. The features are 1)
WITH clauses, 2) WINDOW-ing functions like SUM() OVER PARTITION BY (),
LEAD(), LAG(), etc., and 3) Hierarchical queries.

Regards,

Dobo