Re: Syntax error when combining --set and --command has me stumped - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Syntax error when combining --set and --command has me stumped
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/28/22 14:47, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 12:40 PM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
What secret sauce am I missing to get this to work?

Given that the documentation says:

"command must be either a command string that is completely parsable by the server (i.e., it contains no psql-specific features), or a single backslash command."

And all this time, I was looking in the --set=assignment section of the psql doc page...

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-psql.html

I don't see how you can do anything to make that work.

David J.