Re: Export a column in a view without "announcing" it? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Export a column in a view without "announcing" it?
Date
List pgsql-general
I don't know how this works for a view, but in the ODBC driver settings
there is an option on page 2 to show the OID column. I am using linked
tables in Access and it does not show the OID column because the checkmark
is not clicked. I would suspect it works the same for views.

In any case, in order to support updates on views you need to define a
non-conditional update rule for the view, so that it actually updates the
underlying table. I did it for the first time yesterday and found the
concept quite interesting.

Sim