Re: locales and encodings on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: locales and encodings on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Magnus Hagander wrote on 22.12.2004 13:14:
 > [about PG not supporting Unicode on Windows]
>
> PostgreSQL uses the OS functinos to do locale handling. The other
> databases usually implement their own (or use a library that does it,
> but they do not rely on the OS)

Being a developer myself I can understand this reason, but in the PG
context I'm a User I not having Unicode support is my eyes a very big
deficiency which gives the whole Win32 a semi-professional "touch".

Unicode is something very important and I do hope this will be solved in on
of the next releases.

Cheers
Thomas

P.S.: don't get me wrong: the Win32 is *very* much appreciated.