Re: Best use of second controller with faster disks? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Best use of second controller with faster disks?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Vivek Khera writes:

> FreeBSD, indeed.  The vendor, Partners Data Systems, did a wonderful

This one?
http://www.partnersdata.com

> job ensuring that everything integrated well to the point of talking
> with various FreeBSD developers, LSI engineers, etc., and sent me a
> fully tested system end-to-end with a Sun X4100 M2, LSI 4Gb Fibre
> card, and their RAID array, with FreeBSD installed already.

Is there a management program in FreeBSD for the Areca card?
So I understand the setup you are describing..
Machine has Areca controller
Connects to external enclosure
Enclosure has LSI controller

> I have separate disks built-in to the system for boot.

How did you get FreeBSD to newfs such a large setup?
newfs -s /dev/raw-disk?

What are the speed/size of the disks?
7K rpm?