Re: I'm about to release the next postgresql RFD. Comments wanted. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jtbellj3p@presby.edu (Jon Bell)
Subject Re: I'm about to release the next postgresql RFD. Comments wanted.
Date
List pgsql-general
In article <spampit-3A2F1E.20451409112004@host170.octanews.net>,
Klaas  <spampit@klaas.ca> wrote:
>In article <2vcp1nF2k0ftbU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> comp.databases.postgresql.general
>
>How about just comp.databases.postgresql or (shudder)
>comp.databases.postgresql.misc?

The whole point of this proposal is that c.d.p.general *already* exists in
an unofficial sense on some servers, and that it should be made
"official."  Creating a new group with a different name will simply
confuse matters on those servers that already carry c.d.p.general.

--
Jon Bell <jtbellm4h@presby.edu>                     Presbyterian College
Dept. of Physics and Computer Science        Clinton, South Carolina USA