Re: Pgagent is not reading pgpass file either in Windows or Linux. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Neuner
Subject Re: Pgagent is not reading pgpass file either in Windows or Linux.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 31 May 2018 15:40:21 -0500, nageswara Bandla
<nag.bandla@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 12:57 PM, George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> It just occurred to me that you said PGPASSFILE was set to
>>
>>     %APPDATA%/postgresql/pgpass.conf
>>

>> The problem may be that when LocalSystem expands %APPDATA%, it is
>> finding its own directory, which might be any of:
>>
>>    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\appdata
>>    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData
>>    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData
>>
>> depending on your Windows version, policies (if any), and whether the
>> executable is 32 or 64 bit.
>>

>> I wouldn't try messing with any of these directories. Instead try
>> setting PGPASSFILE to the full path to your file.
>>

>I have tried all of them, pgagent is not recognizing any of the above
>locations. In fact, I have tried both options
>
> #1. By defining PGPASSFILE to the above locations one after the other.
> #2. By copying pgpass.conf to all the three locations by creating
>Roaming/postgresql directories.
>
>And also I have defined PGPASSFILE=C:\pgpass.conf; I think, this should be
>accessible to any system account. This also not working.

One more stupid question and then I'm out of ideas ...

Have you rebooted after changing the environment variable?

Global environment changes normally don't take effect until the user
logs out/in again.  LocalSystem is not an interactive user - you have
to restart the system to let it see environment changes.  PITA.

George