Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Alberto Rodriguez
Subject Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
The FDW is a PostgreSQL extension to connect to other server from PosgreSQL server inside, with this solution you only need connections from P to S and no need a third server (external server), just use triggers to push the INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE information you want to replicate from P to S through Foreign Data Wrapper.

If you need integrity on the replicated information then I suggest to use a control table to store the actions to replicate for the case when it fails you can keep trying til the action succeeds.

Regards