Re: Diffrent column ordering after dump/restore tables with INHERITS - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Oleg Serov
Subject Re: Diffrent column ordering after dump/restore tables with INHERITS
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Oleg Serov <serovov@gmail.com> writes:
> > So there are no simple way to do it right, and it will be not fixed? Wi=
ll
> > this bug appear in todo list?
>
> It's not a bug, it's just what happens when you make the parent and

It is a bug. If i'm doing dump restore i must have _same_ database structure
as i dumped. Yes?

> child column orders inconsistent.  Would you prefer that we restricted
> ALTER TABLE to refuse to perform the alteration in the first place?

No! it is not right. We must think how to solve this problem correct.

>                        regards, tom lane

--=20
=F3 =D5=D7=C1=D6=C5=CE=C9=C5=CD

=EF=CC=C5=C7 =F3=C5=D2=CF=D7