Re: Missing important information in backup.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: Missing important information in backup.sgml
Date
List pgsql-docs
Am 16.11.2016 um 11:37 schrieb Gunnar "Nick" Bluth:
> Hi,
>
> I ran into this issue (see patch) a few times over the past years, and
> tend to forget it again (sigh!). Today I had to clean up a few hundred
> GB of unarchived WALs, so I decided to write a patch for the
> documentation this time.

Uhm, well, the actual problem was a stale replication slot... and
tomatoes on my eyes, it seems ;-/. Ashes etc.!

However, I still think a warning on (esp. rsync's) RCs >= 128 is worth
considering (see -v2 attached).

Cheers,
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth