Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ian Pilcher
Subject Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:
> Ian Pilcher <i.pilcher@comcast.net> writes:
>
>>Turning on pidentd logging, it appears that it simply doesn't work for
>>Java processes.  Insert expletive here!
>

> That's annoying!  Maybe you could use a different ident server?

Fortunately, pidentd is going to be replaced by authd in Fedora Core 3.
I downloaded the authd SRPM from FC3 test 1, built and installed in on
FC2, and life is good.

I did have to edit /etc/xinetd.d/auth to turn off encrypted responses
(as I had to do with pidentd).  Do you know if it's possible to get
PostgreSQL working with encrypted ident responses?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher@comcast.net