Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nagy László Zsolt
Subject Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Date
List pgsql-admin
>               By default the files are placed into a directory named  ".~tmp~"
>               in  each  file's  destination directory, but if you've specified
>               the --partial-dir option, that directory will be  used  instead.
>               See  the  comments in the --partial-dir section for a discussion
>               of how this ".~tmp~" dir will be excluded from the transfer, and
>               what  you  can do if you wnat rsync to cleanup old ".~tmp~" dirs
>               that might  be  lying  around.   Conflicts  with  --inplace  and
>               --append.
I stand corrected. It is there. But still: this is a general behaviour
of rsync that is independent of most command line options. And yet, "the
temporary file" is just an unexplained term that appears in the middle
of the description of a (rarely used) option, and the "renamed only
after the transfer has completed" part is completely missing. That said,
it is just an excuse on my side. I should have figured it out. :-)