Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From W.P.
Subject Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair?
Date
List pgsql-general
W dniu 02.07.2021 o 17:16, Adrian Klaver pisze:
> On 7/1/21 9:24 PM, W.P. wrote:

>>> Is the old database on another machine where it can be started and
>>> then the data dumped?
>>>
>> It is on another disc, with OS that has problems (F24 does not boot
>> beyond single user mode, Network Manager doesn't start) after
>> removing power / battery while in "suspend to RAM".
>>
>> Thats why I think about setting 9.5 on my current machine (F30/PG11
>> cluster) and then do a dump, only I need to know how to do it
>> (binaries / libs / default cfg + data copy).
>>

> So you have backup of the failed machine's disk stored somewhere else?

No, I have disc from this machine, looks not damaged (random files).
Only problem that OS does not boot beyond "emergency mode".

> Otherwise how are you going to get the 9.5 instance to the new machine?

In modern Postgres I've seen there is possibility to have several
(different versions) "clusters" on same machine.

My question (for now) is how to do it?

(I can see PG10 somewhere in /usr/pgsql/postgresql-10/ - bin, lib,
share, postgresql-9.6 is empty).

Laurent