Inheritance problem when restoring db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sebastjan Trepca
Subject Inheritance problem when restoring db
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I noticed a small bug/problem when restoring a database that uses inheritance.

Lets say you have a table B that inherits from table A.

Current state:

Table B has a primary key with sequence b_seq. Table A also has a
primary key with sequence a_seq.

Now we create a backup and restore the database.

New state:

Table B has a primary key with sequence a_seq. Table A is the same as before.

Is this wrong or normal functionality? Do I have to set some extra
flags when doing the backup?

Thanks, Sebastjan