Re: Compilation of pg 7.4.17 fails on HP-UX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adrian Maier
Subject Re: Compilation of pg 7.4.17 fails on HP-UX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/07, Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 08:08:55AM +0300, Adrian Maier wrote:
> > So it looks like this is simply a known issue that hasn't been backpatched.
> > I'll simply use 8.2 .
>
> Ok, I'll bite... if you can use 8.2, why were you trying with 7.4
> instead? It sounds like you're paying new-car-prices for something
> that's 5 years old...

The first attempt was with 7.4 because our application is still running
on that version in production.   An upgrade is something that has to be
done, but it will take a little more time to test and do it properly.

Right now I am just doing some tests:  i happen to have access to this
PA-RISC server and was curious to see how is the application behaving
if the database is running on such a machine.
But there are no chances to use such a server in production, so my tests
are purely ... educative .

Cheers,
Adrian Maier