Translating the website (to Romanian) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Adrian Maier
Subject Translating the website (to Romanian)
Date
List pgsql-www
Hello everyone,

Rather than creating a Romanian PostgreSQL website from scratch,
I plan to start translating the main website.  I have already checked
out the pgweb project, and looked at it a little.

The README file contains a few hints for translating :
1.  Prepare gettext translations.

     Apart from "portal/po/portal.pot" , are there other files that
     need to be translated?  (i'm not familiar with gettext)

2.  Translate the static pages.

      I should create RO versions of the files that exist in the
      template/en  directory and put them in template/ro  .........
is that right  ?

3.  Translate the contents stored in the database.

     How can I obtain a dump of this database? i've installed a local
     copy of the website, and obviuosly it says that " the news database
     server is currently down".

     It would be more convenient for me to provide a sql script with
     insert commands rather than use a web interface,  because this
     way I could translate while being offline.

My plan is to start by translating the files in portal/template/en. Who
will add them to CVS ?

Best wishes,
Adrian Maier