Re: Totally fresh uninstall/reinstall of Postgres on MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Hunsberger
Subject Re: Totally fresh uninstall/reinstall of Postgres on MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM, doug livesey <biot023@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi -- I'm having a world of trouble getting Postgres to work with a number
> of ruby libraries, and was thinking that, to be sure that I'm eliminating
> all that could be wrong, I need to ensure that my Postgres install is fresh,
> correct, and as canonical as possible.
> Could someone advise me on the best way to ensure that I have first
> *totally* uninstalled Postgres from my machine, then secondly the best way
> to install it so that everything is most likely to be set up the way a
> third-party developer might expect (ie, what is the most vanilla Postgres
> install)?

Not sure what you're trying to do, but on a Windows machine I've never
been able to get the Ruby Gems to recognize / find / work with a
Postgres install that was not integrated with them from the get go.
I've always had to use the integrated Postgres / Ruby packages to have
Ruby work...

--
Peter Hunsberger