Re: Broken RAW and MBOX in mailing list archives web interface - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Sergei Agalakov
Subject Re: Broken RAW and MBOX in mailing list archives web interface
Date
List pgsql-www
On 1/4/2019 1:06 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 9:05 PM Sergei Agalakov <sergei.agalakov@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/4/2019 1:02 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 9:01 PM Sergei Agalakov <sergei.agalakov@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/4/2019 12:54 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 8:51 PM Sergei Agalakov <sergei.agalakov@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/4/2019 12:32 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 1/4/19 2:28 PM, Sergei Agalakov wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I tried to copy the next message
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/e1791b4c-df9c-be02-edc5-7c8874944be0%402ndquadrant.com
>>
>> and both "Raw Message" and "Download mbox" give me "An internal server
>> error occurred." message.
> Do you have some more details, e.g. when you tried it, browser, etc? I
> just tried from Firefox and it worked fine.
>
> Note that both URLs are behind HTTP Basic Auth so you need to enter the
> credentials, which are available in the prompt.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

I tried it less than an hour ago in both Chrome and Firefox, just now
checked from Edge.
I'm logged in postgresql.org with the community sign-in (sergei.agalakov).
Anyway I don't see why it should be an internal server error if an user
isn't currently logged in.
You can check in logs (if you have an access to them) what was going on
on the server in the last hour.

Hi!

It definitely shouldn't be.

We did deploy some new software on this machine earlier today, but that was about 10 hours ago. I wonder if it may have cached an incorrect version at that time.

It was the same message that you tried both Raw and mbox for?

//Magnus

Yes, it is always "An internal server error occurred."
I tried first login, then to request the raw or mbox - it didn't work.
I also tried to logout, click on raw or mbox, wait for HTTP Basic Auth screen and login here.
It didn't work either with the same error message.

Hi!

I think I have found the problem. Do you by any chance have a colon sign in your password?

--
Yes I do.
Should I change it?

Hello!

Thanks -- that confirms the bug, and I have pushed a fix for it.

However, you are logging in with the wrong account. As the login prompt says (or is supposed to say, some browsers unfortunately hide the information from you sometimes, but I know at least firefox for example gets it right, so i guess you just missed it when you tried), you are supposed to log in with username "archives" and password "antispam". (If you retry it in firefox, you'll see it in the prompt I think)

//Magnus

That was it!
Thanks a lot!

Sergei