Re: Export the explain diagram? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael Shapiro
Subject Re: Export the explain diagram?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> I have a another request for a mod to the diagram. The text box disappears
> as soon as I move the mouse. It would be helpful if it would stay up longer
> (eg, until the mouse is clicked in the text box).  In order to compare
> various queries, it is helpful to be able to see the info from two diagrams
> at the same time. What would make this possible is if the text boxes were to
> stay up until I click again.

It could be interesting to do. Anyways, you can also compare the text output.

Yes, true, but then why bother with the diagram. The advantage of the diagram (and it is a big one) is that it is a lot easier to see what is going on. Comparing the texts of explain output is pretty nasty ...