Re: perf problem with huge table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Crooke
Subject Re: perf problem with huge table
Date
List pgsql-performance
Actually, in a way it does .... "No space left on device" or similar ;-)

Cheers
Dave

P.S. for those not familiar with Oracle, ORA-01555 translates to "your query / transaction is kinda old and I've forgotten the data, so I'm just going to throw an error at you now". If you're reading, your SELECT randomly fails, if you're writing it forces a rollback of your transaction.