Re: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From ghiureai
Subject Re: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size
Date
List pgsql-performance

Thank you Igor, I was able to eliminate  the 15GB bloating for a 35GB
table size  , only after I restart the      Pg server with one single
connections and run a full vacuum for table.

Isabella
On 10/01/18 11:10 AM, Igor Neyman wrote:
> [...]
orclicking links from unknown senders or when receiving unexpected emails.

> I run full vacuum and reindex on largest table (50GB) while there was no server activities  so I assume no
transactionwas holding a lock on table since the full vacuum was able to run, anything where I should consider looking
?

> Yes, in  pg_stat_activity look for idle transactions that started long time ago.
> To prevent vacuum from doing its job they don't need to lock the table, they could just prevent from cleaning "old"
rowversions.