Software that can automatically make sense of a DB's tables and IDnames - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Rhoades
Subject Software that can automatically make sense of a DB's tables and IDnames
Date
List pgsql-general
People,

I haven't really been keeping up with what is happening in the PG world
- now I have an old Discourse DB that I want to extract some of the
categories and topics from to insert into the current setup.  What I was
wondering is if anyone has developed software in recent years that can
look at the DB as a whole and automatically make sense of how all the
tables relate to each other - assuming a sensible naming convention has
been used for IDs etc - and allows one to browse the tables easily
without having to manually type lots of SQL statements.

Discourse now has a utility for exporting and importing to do this sort
of stuff but I don't have a running setup for the old data - just a data
dump . .

Thanks,

Phil.
--