Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rauan Maemirov
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions
Date
List pgsql-performance
Unfortunately had to downgrade back to 8.3. Now having troubles with
that and still solving them.

For future upgrade, what is the basic steps?

>Was the database analyzed recently?
Hm... there was smth like auto analyzer in serverlog when i started it
first time, but i didn't mention that.
Should I analyze whole db? How to do it?

And how should I change _cost variables?

I/O was very high. at first memory usage grew up and then began to full swap.