Re: Need help on triggers - postgres 9.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Khangelani Gama
Subject Re: Need help on triggers - postgres 9.1.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you very much, I will have a look.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:20 PM
To: Khangelani Gama; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Need help on triggers - postgres 9.1.2

On 05/21/2014 02:54 AM, Khangelani Gama wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a postgres 9 database, inside this database I need to create a
> new table called *center_changed* that gets inserted by any change
> that take place in a table called *center*. So I need to create
> trigger to do this.
>
> *Example: *
>
> Table name*: center*(c_cde, c_dsc, ops_cde, grp_cde);
>
> Now on the table called *center , *I need to create an INSERT and
> UPDATE trigger will insert the *c_cde * of the inserted or updated
> *center* into the *center_changed* table
>
> Please help me
>
> I have this syntax below, but please help me with the overall query.
>
> CREATE TRIGGER check_center
>
>                 BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE
>
>                 ON *cente*r FOR EACH ROW
>
>                 EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_center_changes();

See here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/plpgsql-trigger.html

Example 40-4. A PL/pgSQL Trigger Procedure For Auditing

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no
liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.