Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-11-01 16:38, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> On 30.10.20 17:45, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>>
>> And I wrote down some separate items:
>>
>> 1.
>> 'Two Phase Locking' and 'TPL' should be, I think,
>> 'Two-Phase Commit'. Please someone confirm.
>> (no changes made)
>>
>> Erik Rijkers
>
> All suggestions so far are summarized in the attached patch with the
> following exceptions:
>
> - 'Two Phase Locking' is the intended term.

OK, so what is 'Two Phase Locking'?  The term is not explained, and not
used anywhere else in the manual.  You propose to introduce it here, in
the tutorial.  I don't know what it means, and I am not really a
beginner.

'Two Phase Locking' should be explained somewhere, and how it relates
(or not) to Two-Phase Commit (2PC), don't you agree?

Erik Rijkers