Re: 8.1 -> 8.4 regression - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dennis Björklund
Subject Re: 8.1 -> 8.4 regression
Date
List pgsql-performance
Can you force 8.4 to generate the same plan as 8.1? For example by running

  SET enable_hashjoin = off;

before you run EXPLAIN on the query? If so, then we can compare the
numbers from the forced plan with the old plan and maybe figure out why it
didn't use the same old plan in 8.4 as it did in 8.1.

Note that the solution is not to force the plan, but it can give us more
information.

/Dennis