Re: Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/20/19 5:58 AM, Niels Jespersen wrote:
> I did not submit an issue. Instead, I read your input on another
> existing issue. In that, you recommended to place pgaudit source in
> contrib in a PostgreSQL source tree and build the whole thing.

I was hoping you would see that -- it looked pretty much the same as
your issue.

> I did just that this morning using 11.2 (my first compile of
> PostgreSQL (which succeeeded)). The resulting pgaudit.dll works fine.
> So far at least, I haven't tried all features, but pgaudit.log =
> 'all' generates lots of log.

Awesome -- thanks for the follow up!

> I  also pulled the commands to build pgaudit from the build log and
> can now compile pgaudit to a working dll against only a binary
> installation.

Oh, I didn't even know that was possible. Can you describe in a little
more detail how that is done? I only know the minimum possible to get by
with the Windows build system...

> Perhaps my experiences could be added to the project. I am willing to
> write a short markdown document describing this, if there is
> interest.

That would be awesome, although I bet it applies to more than just
pgaudit. I have had people report similar issues over the years with
plr.dll, for example.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com