Re: Crash in gist insertion on pathological box data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Crash in gist insertion on pathological box data
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> A user on IRC reported a crash (backend segfault) in GiST insertion
> (in 8.3.5 but I can reproduce this in today's HEAD) that turns out
> to be due to misbehaviour of gist_box_picksplit.

Andrew, thank you for the test case and report.

p.s. The user Andrew mentioned above is me and if you have a question
to me I am ready to answer it.

--
Regards,
Sergey Konoplev