Re: solving wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: solving wraparound
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/26/05, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 03:21:03PM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> > Hi, can someone point me where is explained how can i recover from a
> > wraparound that vanish all databases in a cluster?
>
> Some recent investigation indicates that simply doing a VACUUM on the
> databases in question should bring the data back, as long as it hasn't
> been too long the wraparound.
>
> However, to be more specific you'll need to provide info as to which
> version of PostgreSQL and what your VACUUM setup so far has been.

yes, it seems that's enough...

i was trying to help to a buddy in the spanish list and my first
recommendation was to copy all data directory... when he tries that he
makes a vacuum and the data go back...

i told him to review their data to be sure...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova