Re: plperl error when making 8.2dev CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: plperl error when making 8.2dev CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Jaime Casanova wrote:
> >> ok, i execute 'make distclean' and then get the same error when making
> >> after configuring with --with-perl
>
> > Is this a clean source tree?  Try cvs update -C (beware it'll destroy
> > all your local changes)
>
> I'm wondering about a clock skew problem (if machine's clock is in the
> past then SPI.xs might appear newer than derived files).  If not that,
> it sounds like it would have to be a bug in gmake.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

mmm... sorry for the noise...

i download the CVS from my windows box (because i can't get my
internal modem to work with linux :) for some reason i don't know
sometimes when moving from windows to a linux dir shared with smb (in
the same machine)... it converts file names from uppercase to
lowercase so the file in linux was named spi.xs not SPI.xs... i
realize that this was the problem just when replacing the entire
source tree with same i downloaded in windows... this time the names
got right and everything is fine...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova