Fwd: Trigger ad mutli database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Fwd: Trigger ad mutli database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/28/05, Dorine Periolat <dorinep@gmail.com> wrote:

Always send a copy to the list... not only because is better to get
more answers but i actually see little my own mail... just check the
lists... ;)

> What is contrib/dblink ?

Is a module some contrib to make querys that take tables from more
than one database... if you install from sources you can enter in
<pgsql_src_path>/contrib to see dblink there are instructions to
install...

i don't use it... so i can't help you with the instalation nor the
use... some one in the list maybe can answer you...

> I can't upgrade, the company wants the solution to stay on 7.2

that's bad... we are currently in 8.0.3 and developing 8.1... if, in
future, you come here with one of the 7.2 already found bugs...
claiming something really bad happens to your data... it will be
entirely _your fault_ and the answers can be directed in that way...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

--