max_fsm_relations question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kynn Jones
Subject max_fsm_relations question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.  I have a database that is created and populated by a Perl script.  (FWIW, the size of this database is about 12GB, according to pg_database_size()).

If, right after the database is built, I connect to it and manually run VACUUM ANALYZE, I get the warning

NOTICE:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".

I find this puzzling because the database has only 120 relations.

Is there a way I can structure the populating of the database to get rid of this message?  E.g. would it help to have the script run VACUUM after it populates each new table?

Thanks!

Kynn